US citizens: No visa required EXCEPT official. Non US citizens: visa required.
We can assist with expediting visas for Japan, ONLY for residents of the following states: District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia.
NOTE: Citizens of the following countries are not required to have a visa to visit Japan for up to 90 days: Singapore, Brunei, Hong Kong (BNO, SAR passport), Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Macau (SAR passport), Canada, U.S.A, Mexico, Argentina, Bahamas, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Suriname, Uruguay, Barbados, Israel, Turkey, Australia*, New Zealand, Lesotho, Mauritius, Tunisia, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Andorra, Bulgaria, Czech Rep., Estonia, Hungary , Latvia, Lithuania, Monaco, Poland, Slovakia.
– In the case of Bangladesh, Pakistan and Iran, the waiver of visa requirements is temporarily suspended.
– In the case of Malaysia, Peru and Colombia, it is recommended to obtain visa.
– In the case of China, visas are not required only for students of elementary, junior and senior high school in China for the purpose of school excursion staying in Japan less than 30 days.
– In the case of Taiwan, visas are not required for Taiwan-passport holders with their own personal ID numbers stipulated in their respective passports.
Please send your current valid and signed passport. U.S passport must be valid 6 months beyond intended stay and must have at least one blank visa page. Foreign Embassies cannot issue a visa on a page not labeled as a Visa page. Amendment and Endorsement pages in the back of the passport cannot be used for issuance of a visa.
If you need to renew your passport or apply for a new one click here
One (1) Passport Size Photo with a White Background.
Proof of Departure
Please send a copy of your round trip airline tickets, or itinerary or e-ticket, or letter of confirmation from a travel agent. The itinerary must show the applicant’s name, date of arrival and departure from the country, and flight information. The Embassy does not recommend purchasing your ticket prior to a visa being issued.
TOURIST OR BUSINESS VISA (NON-US CITIZENS)
- Computer generated flight itinerary from the travel agent
- Copy of confirmed hotel reservations
- Non-US citizens (please see “note section” listed below for visa exempt nationality) – Your Original + copy of your Resident Alien Card (Green Card) OR a valid US visa (valid visa plus I-94 in passport). Applicant will need to prove his/her ability to return to the U.S.
- Copy of a recent bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds.
- Business Letter from U.S. company. click here for sample letter (for business visa only) (A business letter from either the sending company in the US or sponsoring company in Japan, on their letterhead stationary, addressed to The Embassy of Japan, and signed by a senior manager (an equivalent to Vice-President or above), briefly introducing the applicant (please specify employment status/position held in the company by applicant) and clearly stating the precise nature of the business to be conducted by applicant. If requesting a multiple entry visa, the letter should specifically request the multiple entry visa and explain why the applicant will be traveling to Japan so often)
- Letter of invitation from company in Japan (not mandatory, but helps to expedite the visa) Click here to download invitation form
OFFICIAL or DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT HOLDERS ONLY
- Visa Cover Letter from U.S. Department of State
- Letter from sending department or agency addressed to:
“Embassy of (the country you are planning to visit),
Visa Section, Washington D.C.”
The letter must explain all of the following:
Applicant’s position and title
The purpose of the trip
Dates of the intended visit
Contact person in the country you are planning to visit
Previous Visa Copy
If you have been issued a visa prior to this application, you must include a copy of your most recent visa.
Visa Application Form
One (1) Visa Application Form completed and signed. Click here to download the Visa Application Form
Fees Per Visa
$ 95.00 / Person/visa (Rush Process – 3 business days process)
$ 75.00 / Person/visa (Regular Process – 6 business days process)
|(Sinlgle /Multiple – stay up to 90 days)||$ 45.00 / Visa|
|Official or Diplomatic Passport||$ 0.00 / Visa|
Requirements and fees are subject to change without prior notice. All fees are non-refundable if your application was denied by the consulate or the Passport Agency, or if you withdraw your application that has already been submitted to the consulate or Passport Agency.
Complete Order Form
You must download to fill in and sign PAVO’s visa work order
After You have gathered and prepared all the required documents, in order for us to process your application, you also need to fill-in & sign PAVO’s visa work order.
Ship Your Documents
Please forward the completed requirements to:
Passport And Visa Online, LLC. (PAVO)
4601 N. FAIRFAX DRIVE, SUITE # 1200 Arlington, VA 22203
Local Tel: 703-524-PAVO (7286) / 703-524-7280
Toll Free: 1-866-618-VISA (8472)
- Urgent applications should be shipped to PAVO using only UPS or FedEx.
- Please use “Priority Overnight”. Do NOT ship “First Overnight.” This will delay the delivery of your package.
- Please send all the required documents and payment (Money Order, Company Check, Cashier’s Check, American Express, Visa or Master Card) by trackable mail method so that if there’s a delay, you would be able to track and trace your package.