Apply for a renewal of your passport if:
- Your expired US passport was issued within the past 15 years
- Your passport was issued when you were 16 years of age or older
- Your passport is running out of blank visa pages
- Your passport was issued over one year ago and you legally changed your name
- You are able to submit your most recent US passport
- Your expired passport is not heavily damaged or mutilated
If you have a valid 2nd passport or recently expired Passport, you must also include it with your application.
Please follow the below instructions carefully. Missing or incorrect information may result in significant delays!
Step 1: Prepare your Documents & Complete the Forms
- Passport Renewal Form DS-82, “Application for Passport by Mail.” This must be completed online at https://pptform2.state.gov/?Submit2=Complete+Online+&+Print (“Apply for a Passport Book”). The application must be completed, printed out, signed and included in your package to PAVO. An original signature, preferably in blue ink, is required.
no faxes, scans or copies will be accepted.
- Include your expired or (still valid) passport with your application.
- Include proof of name change, if applicable:
If your name has legally changed since your last passport was issued, provide the state-issued Original Document or Certified Copy showing the name change (i.e. Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, or Court Order). You must also submit a photocopy of your Driver’s License, issued in your new name.
- Government Fees.
Passport processing fee of $170, payable to US Department of State.
Step 2: INCLUDE THE CORRECT PHOTOS
Two NEW passport-style color photographs, taken within the last six months – Eyeglasses must not be worn: Effective November 1st, 2016,
Use this updated passport Photo Guide
Step 3: Complete PAVO's authorization form
- PAVO Letter of Authorization, completed and signed. The Letter of Authorization (LOA) allows PAVO to represent you to all agencies involved in issuing your passport. The signature on the LOA must be original, preferably in blue ink, no faxes, scans or copies will be accepted. Click Here to Download!
Step 4: Proof of departure
Proof of Departure: (Only required when requesting 3 to 4 business day processing) Submit a copy of your flight itinerary, airline tickets, or a letter from your company (on company letterhead) stating that a passport is required for business travel. This letter must be signed by a representative of the company other than the applicant and must specify the applicant’s departure date(s) and destination(s).
Step 5: Complete the processing request
Complete the processing request form – Click Here to Download!
Step 6: Ship all to PAVO for processing
Ship your documents
Please forward the completed requirements; sealed envelope, authorization letter, a copy of tickets or itinerary and fee payment to:
- Urgent applications should be shipped to PAVO using only UPS or FedEx.
- Please use “Priority Overnight”. Do NOT ship “First Overnight.” This will delay the delivery of your package.
- Please send all the required documents and payment (Money Order, Company Check, Cashier’s Check, American Express, Visa or Master Card) by trackable mail method so that if there’s a delay, you would be able to track and trace your package.
Summary of Fees:
- U.S. Government Fees: $170.00 (Payable to U.S. Department of State)
- Passport & Visa Online (PAVO) Handling Fee:
- $230.00 per passport (3 to 4 Business days)
- $170.00 per passport (5 to 6 Business Days)
Note: Passport and Visa online – PAVO is a non-government private service.
PAVO is not in a position to offer guarantees of New or First-Time passport to be issued by a specific date. Passport Issuance is determined by the U.S. Passport Agency based on the urgency of your departure, however, what we can guarantee is that once it is issued and released to us, we will ship it to you on the same day, using your selected/preferred shipping speed & courier.
Local: 703-524-PAVO (7286)