- Issued at the discretion of U.S. Department of State to frequent travelers that do not have time to acquire visas between trips; or for security reasons.
- In certain situations, the US government will issue a second passport (valid for four years) to U.S. citizens if:
– You travel so frequently you need to have one at a consulate or embassy obtaining visas while traveling with the other- OR
– It is issued to travelers that travel to Israel and also have to travel to Arab countries that would have a conflict with the Isreali stamp .
- If either of these situations apply to you, please follow the steps below:
Note: Second passports are no longer extendable.
Please follow the below instructions carefully. Missing or incorrect information may result in significant delays!
Step 1: Prepare your documents & Forms
- Your Original 10 years US Passport which is valid and has been signed.
- Your expired or about to expire 2nd passport (if applicable)
- Completed & Signed application form DS-82.https://pptform2.state.gov/?Submit2=Complete+Online+&+Print
- A Second passport request letter addressed to “The U.S. Passport Services” explaining why you need a second valid passport – Click Here to View a Sample
- Second passport request form – Click here to downoad
Step 2: Include the correct photos
Two NEW passport-style color photographs, taken within the last six months – Eyeglasses must not be worn: Effective November 1st, 2016, Use this updated passport Photo Guide
Step 3: Complete PAVO's authorization form
- PAVO Letter of Authorization completed and signed. The Letter of Authorization (LOA) allows PAVO to represent you to all agencies involved in issuing your passport. The signature on the LOA must be original, preferably in blue ink, no faxes, scans or copies will be accepted. Click Here to Download
Step 4: Proof of departure
Proof of Departure. Submit a copy of your flight itinerary, airline tickets, or a letter from your company (on company letterhead) stating that a passport is required for business travel. This letter must be signed by a representative of the company other than the applicant and must specify the applicant’s departure date(s) and destination(s).
Step 5: Complete the processing request
Complete the processing request form — Click Here to Download
Step 6: Ship all to PAVO for processing
Ship your documents
Please forward the completed requirements; sealed envelope, authorization letter, a copy of tickets or itinerary and fee payment to:
- Urgent applications should be shipped to PAVO using only UPS or FedEx.
- Please use “Priority Overnight”. Do NOT ship “First Overnight.” This will delay the delivery of your package.
- Please send all the required documents and payment (Money Order, Company Check, Cashier’s Check, American Express, Visa or Master Card) by trackable mail method so that if there’s a delay, you would be able to track and trace your package.
Summary of Fees:
- U.S. Government Fees: $170.00 (Payable to U.S. Department of State)
- Passport & Visa Online (PAVO) Handling Fee:
- $300 per passport (Same day/24 hours) Please call us first for availability
- $230.00 per passport (3 to 4 Business days)
- $170.00 per passport (5 to 6 Business Days)
Note: Passport and Visa online – PAVO is a non-government private service.
PAVO is not in a position to offer guarantees of New or First-Time passport to be issued by a specific date. Passport Issuance is determined by the U.S. Passport Agency based on the urgency of your departure, however, what we can guarantee is that once it is issued and released to us, we will ship it to you on the same day, using your selected/preferred shipping speed & courier.
Local: 703-524-PAVO (7286)
PAVO DC Office
Copyright 2017 PAVO